Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 40 Westfield shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
We are seeking a talented Executive Floor Assistant to step into a fast-paced and dynamic role within our Guest Services team! The role is being offered as a 6-month fixed term contract, with full-time hours from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. You’ll be based from our Sydney CBD offices located above Westfield Sydney.
This is a varied role, in which you’ll be juggling multiple priorities whilst still providing excellent customer services. You’ll be expected to show initiative and urgency when approaching your work, and use your excellent people skills to ensure our staff and guests have a great experience.
A snapshot of your role:
- Meet and greet internal and external guests, ensuring they receive a warm welcome!
- Assisting with catering orders, including making recommendations on caterers, receiving the catering as well as set up and clean down
- Function organising and set up to ensure the smooth running of functions
- Kitchen clean up, including washing dishes
- Moving furniture to accommodate room set up as required
- Administration tasks – e.g. diary planning for month forward, catering quotes, room management tasks including repositioning meetings, daily room report, floor manuals, intraportal adjustments, menu’s, place cards
- Assisting with IT troubleshooting – e.g. operation of video & telephone conferences and personal equipment
What will set you apart from the rest?
You’ll be a friendly, confident, and approachable customer service professional who enjoys working in a team environment, and loves going the extra mile for your customers.
Ideally, you’ll have a hospitality background which will be key to help you with the catering and cleaning aspects of the position, and you’ll also be fit enough to move furniture when we change the configurations of our rooms. You’ll have excellent communication skills, and a proactive nature too!
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Kylie Stephens, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9028 8349.