Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
2 Year Contract
Possibility of Extension:
$6,050.00 - $6,610.90 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
Strategy and Corporate Services
STRATEGY & CORPORATE SERVICES
Midnight 22 August 2018
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the Role
The role is responsible for the delivery of strategic oversight of the QFES Change and Engagement Team for QFES’s renewal program and set the framework for the State’s Fire and Emergency Services delivery model as a streamlined and unified service for the people of Queensland. In addition, the role will provide oversight of QFES’s change activity and implement strategies that support QFES’s operations across the state to deliver on its commitment to create resilient and safe communities.
Your Key Accountabilities
Reporting directly to the Deputy Commissioner, Chief Strategy Officer, Capability and Performance Division, your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high level strategic advice and analysis to the Minister, Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner on QFES’s renewal program and opportunities impacting the department.
- Lead the implementation on identified renewal initiatives to ensure QFES continues to deliver safer communities for Queensland, including identification of duplication and synergies across the department
- Develop and maintain effective relationships, and work collaboratively with local, state and federal agencies, industry groups, unions and associations, community and key stakeholders to achieve short and long term solutions in renewing QFES and creating safer and resilient communities.
- Advice the Government on key solutions that deliver on QFES’s renewal program that will enhance fire and emergency services capabilities across Queensland
- Develop and maintain risk management plans for the renewal program to mitigate organizational and reputational risks on behalf of the Commissioner
- Lead a high performing and financially sustainable workforce that embraces QFES’s values.
- Support and comply with workplace health and safety, anti-discrimination and equal employment opportunity principles and practices.
To determine your suitability for the role of Executive Director Organisational Engagement, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioural competencies from the Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profiles (Executive):
Performance through Vision
- Leads strategically with vision
- Navigates complex, ambiguous and political environments
- Leads change with agility
- Operates across boundaries
- Engages with ideas, innovation and risk
Performance through Results
- Manages internal and external relationships.
- Builds organisational capability
- Inspires individual and team commitment in the pursuit of results.
Performance through Accountability
- Models professional and ethical behaviour.
- Displays courage in the provision of advice and decision-making.
- Applies sound corporate governance.
- Commits to personal development.
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Doug Smith, Chief Strategy Officer on phone 07 3635 3231 or email email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.
- Note: The annual base salary shown is the Total Fixed Remuneration per annum which includes superannuable salary + employer superannuation + leave loading + a vehicle allowance.