At MinterEllison we take pride in being our clients' best partner, and enjoy working within teams of professionals who share their knowledge, respect our values and support each other to achieve our collective goals. We welcome people who want exciting careers in high performing teams.
Purpose of the role
This 12 month parental leave contract is a high profile role providing administrative expertise to 6 lawyers, including managing the day-to-day needs of Nicole Green – the National Leader of MinterEllison's Government program and one of Australia’s leading infrastructure, construction and major projects Partners.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing productive working relationships with key contacts internally and externally
- Drafting electronic and hardcopy correspondence, document preparation and amendments
- Extensive diary management and organisation of authors
- Organising internal and external meetings
- Managing and ensuring the smooth running of multiple calendars
- Answering telephone calls and relaying detailed messages
- Organising interstate travel
- Assisting in maintaining client databases
- Electronic and hard copy document and file management
- High volume file management including file opening and closing, electronic and physical filing
- Monthly billing using Elite 3e programme (training provided)
- Monthly processing of Amex Statements
- Other ad hoc duties as required
More about you
On your first day, we expect you to have:
- Experience in providing high quality executive administrative support, at a senior level
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Extremely proactive, with the ability to think ahead and manage the needs of the people you support
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills including document creation and presentation
- A strong client focus and demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with peers, industry experts and clients
- Resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own
- Pride in your work and who you work for
Bonus points for someone who:
- has experience in the legal industry or a professional services environment
- Is familiar with Elite 3e and / or Filesite
Who we are
We embrace flexibility and empower all our people to learn, grow and become truly extraordinary. We provide our future leaders with best practice learning and development programs to accelerate and grow their careers. We value diversity in the workplace and care about ensuring you balance your professional goals with your commitments and interests outside of work. We have a wide range of social, financial and health benefits to support your wellbeing.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly, so if you would like to be considered please submit your CV and cover letter via our online portal by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Alyce Bennett at Alyce.Bennett@minterellison.com for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.