The Events Team Leader is responsible for the management and co-ordination of all events for the Wealth Management business, including corporate sponsorship and hospitality from the initial concept through to the logistics stage. The role will report directly to the Head of UK Marketing. The role involves managing all events from the idea stage through to completion within the agreed deadlines and budget. The role has two direct reports – the Events Manager and the Events Assistant.
This role requires the building of relationships with many other areas of the business including client-facing portfolio managers, the business development team in all locations and various other internal stakeholders including compliance, legal and the wider Marketing Team.
The job holder has responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly, ensuring that the information provided to clients on services is clear and useful and enables them to understand fully what they are being offered. They are required to familiarise themselves fully with the team's current procedures, FCA compliance requirements, and the principles behind 'Conduct Risk'.
• Manage the Events Manager and the Events Assistant
• Proactively seek, initiate, plan and coordinate all events such as lunches, seminars, client evenings, hospitality events etc. for the Wealth Management business
• To always ensure that events of the highest possible quality are organised
• Measure and assess delivery and attendance of events and identify any improvements going forward. Ensure all information is fed into the events database
• Provide ROI and track/report on success metrics for every event where possible
• Act as day-to-day point of contact for the business for all event requirements i.e. conferences, seminars, sponsorship, corporate sponsorship and any associated hospitality such as dinners
• Project manage individual events from concept to completion including venue search and negotiation, AV/Staging, theme, speakers/entertainment sourcing, invitations/RSVP, logistics at the event
• Work with the wider Marketing Team to ensure that the appropriate collateral is prepared and delivered on time, accurately and to brand as well as identifying any content opportunities
• Main event contact for compliance – must pass on all updates
• Maintain all processes and make sure the business is informed
• Overall responsibility of all event data
• Oversee all event venue and supplier contracts
• Oversee all sponsorship opportunities/commitments
• Maintain and manage the annual events budget
• Record Schroders Health & Safety, risk assessment and insurance responsibilities and annual record of hospitality inducements for compliance purposes
• Manage/oversee the event invite process from start to finish
• Maintain knowledge and database of relevant suppliers, including venues and caterers etc.
• Maintain awareness of developments in the events industry, and include new initiatives in our events
• Manage corporate hospitality opportunities, and co-ordinate bookings as required
• Monitor and review suppliers and review costs and procedures
• Support the wider marketing team if and when required
• All events must be delivered within the regulatory framework, whilst adhering to the corporate brand and style guidelines.
• People management skills essential to ensure smooth running of the Events Team
• Extensive and in-depth Marketing events experience ideally with financial services/wealth management
• Able to demonstrate successful delivery of events
• Project management skills and employ best practice in terms of maximising cost efficiency
• Hard working, professional, organised, strong interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills
• Ability to cultivate business opportunities and to manage them through to completion
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
• Ability to use own initiatives and work effectively alone or as a member of the wider team
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.