- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Create impactful change for our firm, our clients and society
Join PwC’s Clients and Markets (C&M) team as an Event Consultant. The successful candidate will sit within the high performing team and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of events from concept to delivery.
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia’s start up industry, you’ll build trust in society and solve important problems.
We are looking for a junior event professional to be part of a close knit and successful team. As part of the Clients & Markets team you will sit within Event Experience and will be involved in driving local activations of our national growth strategy. You will primarily be responsible for designing and executing client facing activities that meet business objectives. Our event experience team form an integral part of the 'go to market' strategy, you will work closely with marketers and other key stakeholders to deliver high impact experiences.
You will be required to create and execute bespoke high level events that achieve Firmwide business objectives in Brisbane and nationally. These events can range in complexity from large multi element events to small bespoke high level round tables.
The role will require the successful candidate to think strategically under tight deadlines and ensure that the events delivered are differentiated and uphold the PwC Brand. We are looking for a candidate who has a minimum of 18 months in house experience as part of a corporate event team or agency and who has managed high end events end to end. Stakeholder and relationship management skills will be required as will the ability to navigate a complex organisation and ‘connect the dots’.
Success stems from a positive attitude, hard work and going the extra mile, but that’s not all!
As an Event Consultant, you will work with your stakeholder to design and execute high calibre client facing events to meet the business objectives.
- Manage the end to end delivery of events, you will need to be able to generate event concepts to meet stakeholder needs and be able to think strategically to deliver the right outcomes
- Managing multiple stakeholders and events at once;
- Contributing to event ROI and regular reporting;
- Managing the delivery of all event elements including space creation, F&B, AV and production, event tech etc.
- Managing budgets, venues and suppliers diligently;
- Managing all administrative elements of the role including invoicing and payments, project timelines, event run sheets etc.
- Management of event management software (Aventri);
- Contributing to the national event team by supporting other team members in various locations
The brief is simple…
You are a professional junior event consultant who is hungry to learn and further their career, working with one of the world’s leading professional services firm. In addition to this, you will possess the following:
- Experience in creating, consulting and executing small to large event solutions
- Ability to deliver best practice in terms of governance and processes
- Experience of delivering post event analysis and reporting
- Proven ability to manage projects/risk plans
- Ability to work creatively under time constraints
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills;
- Motivated self-starter with excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to think innovatively about events;
- Creative with a flair for creating experiences that are out of the box;
- A network of local suppliers
- Proven event experience in corporate event team or agency is essential;
- Ability to travel would be beneficial
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia's largest professional services firm you'll join a creative and collaborative team that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients and access a global network spanning 157 countries.
Our culture and benefits are the reason why we were recognised as Australia's number one workplace by LinkedIn. Our state of the art offices embrace the very best technology has to offer and each person has access to flexible work options. Our dress policy is flexible too - you choose what you wear based on the kind of work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the centre of everything we do. At PwC, you will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We are committed to helping our people unleash their passion and potential. Hard work does not go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you have a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Kristen Mason is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.