- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Work on a wide range of infrastructure projects in North QLD
- Excellent salary package + 12.5% super
Holcim has been servicing the infrastructure, construction and mining industries for more than 110 years and employs over 3,000 staff across 300 sites.
Part of the world's largest construction materials company, LafargeHolcim, Holcim is leading supplier of concrete, aggregates and precast products.
Our Humes business is Australia's leading provider of engineered concrete solutions for the civil construction industry. We pride ourselves on delivering customised solutions to maximise installation, performance & budgetary outcomes for our clients.
About the role
Reporting to the Sales Manager you will responsible for the effective and timely submission of tenders for the supply of precast and pre-stressed concrete products across a range of civil construction projects.
You will review project specifications and analyse drawings to determine cost effective methods of manufacture, labour & material costs and deliver timely & accurate tender documentation.
- Provide budget estimates for both standard and non-standard precast solutions.
- Prepare engineering designs, quotations/budget estimates.
- Provide engineering design input/assistance to Account Managers, Customer Service Officers and Production colleagues
- Participate in Client Relationship Management activities.
- Utilise information systems to provide regular and accurate production feedback and support SAP processes.
- Provide input into tenders, quotes and contract reviews for major projects.
- Provide input into contract reviews, contract negotiations and contract administration of major projects with a focus on technical specifications within contract documents.
You have gained at least 3 years post graduate experience in a head contracting or major supplier within the civil infrastructure industry. In that time you have applied your analytical & research skills in a similar role and understand the civil construction supply chain and its commercial drivers.
You enjoy technical & numerical problem solving in your day to day work but ultimately you want to develop a career in Project Management or similar leadership roles and see the Estimating role as an essential stepping stone in developing your capability.
- Relevant qualifications in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience in an estimating / tendering or contract administration in the civil construction or manufacturing industry
- Excellent communications skills both written & verbal
- An interest in developing a career within the precast concrete industry
What sets you apart is your sense of initiative and ability to build connections & relationships across internal stakeholders.
Why join Holcim ANZ?
We offer a more stable and reliable career platform than most employers in the industry. If you haven't looked outside head contracting and want a career in Project Management this is a good place to start.
We invest in the development of our people, providing a variety of careers within the company both locally and globally.
- We are dedicated to our environment and the communities where we live and work in.
- We strive for best practice across our entire business. We are industry leaders in safety management, environmental performance, social responsibility, sales force effectiveness, and operational efficiency
Find out where Holcim can take your career by applying today.