ERP Systems - Functional Specialist
Our team is responsible for provision of the end-to-end operations, functionality and assurance of transactional systems and functions to provide capability and functional leadership across these subject areas to drive improvements and innovation in our systems design. We are responsible to ensure the maximum value of the assets under their control across all facets of operation – design, operation, support, architecture, data, timeliness and integrity. At this point in time, the accountability supports both operations and reporting on IntegralPLUS (SAP), EPM (PPM), ServiceNow and MyActivity. Over time, this will expand to cover related ERP systems across Telstra.
As the ERP Systems Functional Specialist, you will add value to the team through your SAP functional expertise in PS, PM and FI-AA. You will lead the enablement of the required ERP capabilities for Finance to achieve its strategic objectives by ensuring that ERP enhancements and initiatives deliver their intended outcomes and that it transitions to a value driven operating model in the Systems Services team.
- In conjunction with other stakeholders drive ongoing improvements in Finance ERP systems and processes
- Establishing and managing a list of potential innovation opportunities
- Analysing existent processes across finance and apply re-engineering techniques to increase efficiency
- Leading the design, build and deployment of high quality ERP enhancements through self, peers, consultants and/or IT business partners using a range of technical areas (refer technical skills)
- Applying project management frameworks and governance to deliver process and system enhancements.
- Applying organisational change management methodologies and stakeholder engagement principles to minimise user impact due to system/process changes
- Finance’s key point of contact with IT
- Providing input and support to various stakeholder forums and other stakeholder communications as required
- Providing timely and comprehensive communications to system users, GFS management and business stakeholders when required
To be successful in this role, you will have the following requirements and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Accounting or IT related
- Hold SAP Certification
- Demonstrated systems experience in one or more areas of: Finance and Projects ERP systems support, finance and project systems delivery, finance and project systems accounting, ERP based business intelligence
- Experience in supporting SAP ECC6 or similar transactional applications
- Strong level of analytical, investigative and problem solving skills and understand the principles of process mapping and re-engineering activities
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills including high-level knowledge of change management methodologies
If you are proactive in solving problems and contributing to innovation for the finance systems, we want to hear from you!
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. To enable everyone to participate, we’ve developed an ‘All Roles Flex’ policy to consider flexible ways of working for every role. To learn more, visit tel.st/allrolesflex