Reporting to the Workgroup Manager - Geosciences and Remediation Services, you will primarily assist with fieldwork and reporting aspects of multiple concurrent contamination investigations and remediation projects of varying size and complexity.
With an uncompromising commitment to health and safety and client service and in support of the Project Manager, you will be an experienced environmental candidate who will be able to multi-task, contribute to and prepare reports independently, carry out field work, liaise with subcontractors and the client. Moreover, you may be required to assist in preparing bids.
You could be working on:
- Preliminary and Detailed Site Investigations
- Remedial Action Plans
- Site Validation Reports
- Waste Classifications
- Site supervision and contractor management during remedial works
Located in the centre of the city in our modern offices, AECOM provides a great place to work where we place a high priority on a fun and engaging work environment offering career development and mentoring as well as social and wellbeing opportunities.
You will be working with driven professionals across various end-markets who are passionate, smart, creative, curious and quirky but proud to be part of a company that is dedicated to delivering a better world.
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as environmental science, engineering, geology, or earth science
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a consultancy environment, specifically contaminated land assessment and remediation
- Technically strong in preliminary and detailed site investigations for soil, vapour, and groundwater
- Experience in data management software (ESDAT / Equis) and preparation of environmental reports
- H&S training including: First Aid, NSW Construction Induction, and preferably 24 or 40 hr HAZWOPER
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Environmental
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.