At Unitywater we operate in a flexible, inclusive and exciting environment where no two days are ever the same. We continually pursue efficiencies and innovation to meet challenging demands, and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We are one of the largest employers in the region, offering our people continual investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, competitive remuneration and a hardworking and rewarding environment.
Your opportunity as the Environment Team Leader is to develop and maintain Unitywater’s Environmental Management Plan across the business. Leading a small team of advisors, you will be responsible for promoting environmental awareness across the business and providing technical advice, ensuring that our environmental impacts are minimized.
Your contribution to living Unitywater’s values of Reliability, Safety, Honesty & Integrity, Efficiency, One Team, Innovation, and the following attributes are your key qualities for success in this role:
- Degree qualifications in the Environmental field;
- Significant experience in the environmental field with experience in undertaking environmental monitoring programs, analysis of data, investigations and reporting;
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental management systems and requirements of ISO 14001;
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental legislation, operating licenses, standards and best environmental practice in relation to water and sewerage projects and services;
- Demonstrated experience on projects within environmentally and culturally sensitive areas;
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to manage an environmental team;
- Solid interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to present information to senior leadership teams;
- C Class Drivers License.
Unitywater provides high quality, safe and reliable water and sewerage services to approximately 724,626 people and manages $3.2 billion worth of essential service infrastructure. We are proud of the awards we have won for our industry contributions and we will continue to produce the highest food-grade product for our customers.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team and would love to hear from you! Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Unitywater, this position and to access a full position description, visit www.unitywater.com
Vacancy reference: 2017-536
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate your eligibility and right to work in Australia.
Unitywater is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.