• Challenge yourself in 2018!
• Parramatta locations, close to public transport and amenities
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Surveyor to join the Technical and Project Services team at Roads and Maritime Services. In this role you will lead a Survey Party responsible for the delivery of surveying services to clients.
As an Engineering Surveyor you will be responsible for
- Managing Surveying projects to agreed time, cost and quality requirements by leading a team to satisfy clients' business and program objectives.
- Ensuring that all survey requirements of projects are considered and project outcomes are met by liaising with project teams, stakeholders, contractors and professional service providers.
- Ensure compliance with Roads and Maritime Services regulatory and statutory requirements by adherence to the survey unit's quality management system.
If you are highly analytical with strong research and problem solving skills and looking for a new challenge in 2018, we would love to hear from you!
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia's leading public sector agencies, with more than 5,500 employees and an annual budget of $5.5 billion.
As part of Transport for NSW we are responsible for implementing strategic and essential frontline services to the people of NSW who use roads, harbours and waterways.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to transport operations and road safety in New South Wales.
When you join Roads and Maritime Services, you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that will offer you generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
As the key agency in NSW for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our staff to reach their full potential.
Remuneration package: RMS USS Grade 5 - 7 ($73,901 - $91,071), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
How to apply
Click on APPLY button. For further information, please visit our internet site Roads & Maritime or to view the position description and Applicant Information Pack please click on links provided.
For any enquiries, please contact Victor Carnuccio on 0418 476 413 and quote 0000608D
*Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: 11.59pm, Sunday 1 April 2018
Key Application Responses
When preparing your application - Your written application must stand on its merits. If you do not demonstrate how you meet the Selection Criteria (Skills/Experience) for the position you will not proceed through the selection process. The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview.
- Diploma in Surveying or equivalent
- Experience in the provision of surveying technical advice and management of technical risk in infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of modern technology and software related to surveying practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of relevant legislation, management systems, specifications, policies and procedures related to surveying practices and procedures.
- Proven ability to manage survey projects.
- Demonstrated sound communication, liaison, consulting and influencing skills with the ability to represent RMS at internal or external forums.
- Proven ability in developing innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Well-developed skills in analysis, research and problem solving with proven initiative and the ability to manage high work volumes, meeting quality, schedule and cost expectations.