Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 40 Westfield shopping centres in Australia and New Zealand. Our purpose is to create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.
A career with Scentre Group fosters the chance to be part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space. Work with great people and add value to a tangible product you can see.
Technology is part of everything Scentre Group does; and in many cases, it’s the enabler. In the Technology team, our ambition is to increase our customer intimacy, accelerate agility and innovation and increase our speed of delivery.
We’re looking for a Manager to head up our Collaboration and Communication experience engineering team of 8. This is a varied role in which you’ll deliver excellence through strong people and technology leadership and taking a hands-on approach to increasing productivity and driving a positive cultural change.
You’ll enable high quality Employee and Retailer experiences by managing team members and suppliers utilising technologies that include:
- SharePoint Online
- Voice, Zinc and mobile voice and data
- Skype for Business, Cisco VC, Pexip and Condeco
Some of the exciting upcoming opportunities that we hope your experience can help us with are:
- Change our culture from management of systems and technology to enabling employee and retailer experiences through technology
- Embed Agile and Product centric principles
- Ensure there are technology visions and strategies in place for your team which help our employees and retailers be more effective
- Finalise the approach to refresh our meeting room technologies across all Centres, offices and sites, implement and help us explain the benefits
- Maximise the benefit of SharePoint Online
- Transition from ISDN to SIP
- Streamline and focus a variety of communication and collaboration tools
- Continue to transform on premise corporate applications to Cloud
The role is being offered as a permanent position, based in our Sydney CBD offices above Westfield Sydney.
What will set you apart from the rest?
We’re looking for a natural leader, who has ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom. You’ll be pragmatic and outcome focused, with good commercial and communication skills and a genuine passion for how technology can enable great Scentre Group customer, employee and partner experiences and success.
Technically, you’ll have background in “hands-on” technology roles, partnered with experience in, and understanding of, program, project, schedule and sprint estimation and management. Experience embedding, and operating to, Product centric and Agile principles will also be highly regarded, as would supplier and contract management, and a track record of high quality, successful delivery; from small initiatives to leading streams of complex programs will be key to your success.
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you're able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we're open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
If this sounds like you, apply today to make extraordinary happen! Should you have any questions, or want to discuss the role further, please reach out to Ali Long, Talent Acquisition Business Partner, on 02 9358 7066.