Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to hire an Engineering Director – OneSKYto manage the entire Engineering program of work of OneSKY throughout the life of the program, from requirements management through to acceptance and support.
Reporting to the Program Director, your main responsibilities will include to:
- Drive the overall Systems Architecture for OneSKY including all systems, equipment and subsystems, in line with the PDA’s instructions
- Manage more than 300 Architects, Engineers and Technicians across multiple locations
- Be accountable for engineering specific risks and opportunities as well as engineering management plans Be the lead Engineering interface to the customer and subcontractors
- Be the lead Engineering interface to the customer and subcontractors
- Oversee the preparation and submission to the Program Director of any modification proposals to the functional baseline
- Be in charge of the preparation of cost estimates based on proposed solution and review these with senior Thales management
- Ensure the Engineering Improvement Plan is implemented and meet the associated financial objectives
- BEng or equivalent appropriate degree along with experience managing large scale software system based project s including Air Traffic Management, Avionics, Defence and latest Rail systems.
- High level of proficiency in System Engineering processes in aeronautic or defence projects
- Exceptional relationship building and stakeholder management skills that you can bring to Thales with an open mind, a passion for excellence and incredible energy
- Large scale people leadership and development experience with the ability to motivate and develop and promote high performing teams in a busy, complex project environment
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.