Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery.
We are now looking for a**Project**Administrator to join the team based in our Melbourne office. This is a great time to join the team and be critical to supporting our success moving forward! This is a busy role with a lot of variety and potential for involvement in a lot of areas of our business if you are keen!
Reporting to the Engineering Director your main responsibilities will include :
- Prepare documents, presentations, organisational charts, collating folders and reports in preparation for meetings and customer activities, raising invoices/purchase orders
- Schedule and coordinate activities and training across Engineering/project team including on boarding of new and transferred employees
- Provide support with time sheets, travel and expense claims, coordinating diary management and meetings
- Proofread and ensure documents are conforming communications guidelines/structures
- Support with other team activities, general administration and coordination as required.
- Have experience working in a busy administrative role ideally having worked in a technical environment to understand and work with technical concepts and information(e.g. IT, engineering, mining).
- You have top notch experience when it comes to Excel, Word and Powerpoint and you have a knack for quickly picking up new systems
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have a flexible approach and proactive attitude
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
French language skills would be advantageous (but it is not critical).