Provide professional technical engineering assurance services to support the delivery of projects across the Sales & Marketing channel. Ensure that for all Retail assets BP build and complete designs for are fit for purpose and minimise whole of life operational costs . The role must manage the overall design process cognisant of the risk associated with constructing and operating BP Retail assets.
- Undertake the delivery of technical engineering design documentation for the Sales & Marketing channel in a manner that meets all BP Group, Australian and State and Local standards, laws and regulations across BP’s operations.
- Work with the Standards and Assurance Team to ensure standards remain current and fit for purpose through regular review processes.
- Take accountability for ensuring that drafting and engineering work is completed in accordance with inherently safe design principles and BP requirements. Contribute to the development of a resourcing strategy to meet the anticipated needs of the Project Delivery and Asset Optimisation Teams. Support the teams in implementing the strategy.
- Support the Project Delivery Team as required for audits and other self verification activities.
- Deliver a robust engineering assurance service, and where possible, identify standardisation of engineering assurance documentation including appropriate QA/QC systems to verify compliance.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Demonstrable experience in Retail and Commercial Fuel Outlet design. Typically 3-5+ years
- Ability to manage engineers, design consultants and influence project managers at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk assessment tools & processes and how they are applied in a technical engineering context.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Bachelor of Engineering. Eligible for CPEng status (IEAust or equivalent) or RPEQ registration desirable.
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.