Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 460 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Work closely with a Partner, two Senior Associates and two Solicitors in our Employment and Safety team. Our Employment and Safety team has experienced rapid growth in the last 18 months. The team works across all areas of employment, safety and regulatory law including industrial relations, human rights, equal opportunity and discrimination for both litigious and non-litigious matters. You will be responsible for:
• Working with the team to provide clients with legal advice
• Assist in managing matters, ensuring all deadlines are met
• Regularly reviewing applicable case law and legislative changes
• Conducting effective legal research and analysis to produce timely, commercial and legally accurate advice
• Managing a robust workload, including prioritising work and delivering services effectively
• Developing an understanding of client operations and strategy
• Managing prospective client relationships
• Mentoring and developing junior staff
• Continual professional development and managing CLE requirements
The successful candidate:
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from your peers and leader. You will need to be self-motivated, energetic and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
• A minimum of 7 years PQE with a background in Employment
• Strong attention to detail
• Previous exposure to Business Development and a natural ability to build strong client relationships
• Ability to manage client expectations and run matters autonomously
• Interested in establishing a long-term successful career with Colin Biggers & Paisley
• Ability to relate to people at all levels and effectively work in a team
• A strong focus on turnaround time
• Commercial acumen
• Practical and client focused problem solving skills
• A strong, plain language communication style
• Strong academics to support your work experience
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, a formal mentoring program and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.
Inclusion and Diversity is a priority at Colin Biggers & Paisley. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.