MinterEllison people aspire to be our clients' best partner. Collaboration, innovation and opportunity are the foundation of our workplace environment. We welcome people who want exciting careers in high performing teams.
OUR HR&IR TEAM
MinterEllison is constantly recognised as having one of the leading employment practices in Australia with one of the largest teams. We have longstanding relationships with numerous clients, including Australia Post, AGL, SingtelOptus, Commonwealth Government departments and agencies and Victorian Government departments and agencies.
As a member of our team, you will form part of a collaborative, highly engaged, high performing team genuinely committed to supporting personal and professional growth. Mentoring, support and guidance is offered by our partners across the team, along with access to high quality, challenging work.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a result of growth, we are looking for a talented Senior Associate to join our Melbourne HR&IR team.
Our Melbourne practice is led by five partners – Amanda Watt, Karl Blake, Leon Levine, David Woodman and Joelle Grover. You will advise clients on a mix of litigation and advisory work across the full spectrum of employment law, industrial relations, discrimination and work health and safety.
MORE ABOUT YOU
To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience practising in employment law, industrial relations law, discrimination and WHS, ideally gained at a reputable Australian law firm
- A client focused approach and the ability to build strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and peers
- Experience running matters or advice work with supervision and the ability to drive a matter forward autonomously where appropriate
- The ability to effectively delegate to and mentor graduate lawyers and paralegals in the group
- An interest in and willingness to contribute to business development initiatives for the practice group
- maturity, sensitivity and a genuine interest in developing your career in industrial and employment law.
WHO WE ARE
We embrace flexibility and empower all our people to learn, grow and become truly extraordinary. We provide our future leaders with best practice learning and development programs to accelerate and grow their careers. We value diversity in the workplace and care about ensuring you balance your professional goals with your commitments and interests outside of work. We have a wide range of social, financial and health benefits to support your wellbeing.
HOW TO APPLY
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your CV, cover letter and academic transcripts for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Sandra D'Souza on +61 8 6189 7839 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.