- Mulwala site location
- Shift work – 24 hour production facility
- Be part of our friendly maintenance team
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
As part of the Mulwala site based Maintenance & Services team, this Electrician role will work with other trade professionals as you perform a variety of general electrical maintenance tasks in support of our Mulwala site production operations.
You will proactively contribute to a strong and diverse team, seeking to add value to Mulwala operations as you utilise and further develop your strong trade background within a large scale production environment.
- Conduct planned maintenance activities, condition monitoring and other preventive tasks to support both production and shutdown schedules
- Repair and overhaul of electrical equipment and control systems
- Installation, testing and commissioning of new and repaired equipment
- Fault diagnosing and programming of electrical equipment and control systems.
- Utilise computerised maintenance management systems in the management of critical data
- Work within a diverse team, supervising and mentoring others when required
- Appropriate qualification as an Electrician with significant post-trade experience, ideally within a similar production / industrial environment
- A class Electrical Licence
- Control System and programming experience
- Proven fault finding, diagnostic and trouble shooting skills, with the ability to interpret technical drawings
- Well-developed interpersonal skills teamed with an ability to work autonomously
- Intermediate computer skills and previous exposure to a computerised maintenance management system
Police and medical checks will be required for this role.
You must be capable of working shift work initially 24/5 across 3 shifts but potentially moving to 24/7 on 2 12 hour shifts.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.