The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
Throughout Australia, Alstom’s objective is to be the preferred partner for transport solutions while creating value through innovation. Our company values of Team, Trust and Action embody the spirit of our diverse and entrepreneurial people. Employee empowerment is crucial to our success and we continue to strengthen our culture through a diverse workforce, promoting entrepreneurial spirit and a fundamental commitment to integrity and ethical business standards and practices.
Electrician - Rolling Stock
Based in Ballarat, VIC
Alstom currently has an exciting opportunity for an electrician to join our company on a 12-month fixed task basis to undertake electrical duties as directed by Supervision/Management ensuring that all work is carried out safely, economically, on time and within set quality standards, and to meet all Alstom Limited production requirements along with ISO 9002: 2000 Quality Management System.
- Ensure that all work is efficiently planned, controlled and undertaken in a safe manner to the standards set down by the client and Alstom Limited.
- Ensuring the customer orders are met in full, on time, every time by working effectively with planning and supervision to fulfil those requirements.
- Improve output, quality and delivery performance while ensuring maximum efficiencies are achieved at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensure safe work practices are carried out in line with the company’s safety and environmental guidelines.
- Inspect and interpret drawings and specifications and determine method of Manufacture and standards required.
- Maintain a major role in the development and encouragement of the continuous improvement programs within the Ballarat Site.
- Assist in the development of Engineering Estimates, and production targets that are in conformity to client requirements
- Australian recognised electrical licence is highly desired.
- Electrical trade qualification.
- Previous experience working as an Electrician on warranty, commissioning & retrofit work of rolling stock.
- A strong skill when it comes to reading electrical schematic's as well at crimping.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work well in a team environment.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability or ethnicity.
We recognise that embracing flexibility is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs.
To apply for this position, be considered for other vacancies or to view other Alstom roles please visit our website at: https://jobsearch.alstom.com/search/?q=&locationsearch=australia
Job Type: Experienced