Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
We currently have a vacancy at Pinjarra Refinery for an Electrical & Instrumentation Group Leader (Supervisor). This position offers an exciting opportunity for career development and growth in Electrical/Instrumentation maintenance management. The roster is a Monday-Friday day role, with a leisure day every 4-week period.
In this challenging leadership role you will be responsible for leading an electrical and instrumentation maintenance team. Your primary focus will be coaching the teams daily to meet and exceed all objectives in the areas of safety, environment, planned work completion and quality. This involves being an integral part of the area maintenance planning process and working closely with other work groups and operations personnel.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- A demonstrated understanding of the Electrical Instrumentation trade, trade qualifications (Electrical)
- Hold a current ‘A’ Grade Electrical license.
- The ability to co-ordinate E/I maintenance teams with other maintenance disciplines enabling you to negotiate issues and prioritise workload with your peers, other supervisory staff and operations management.
- Well-developed leadership and communication skills
- A successful history of planning, scheduling and executing electrical and instrument planned maintenance, preferably within a computerised maintenance planning system.
- Exposure to Distributed Control Systems (preferably Honeywell) and PLC systems (preferably Allen-Bradley) is also highly desirable.
About where you will work
Pinjarra Alumina Refinery is located 90 kilometres south of Perth, a 30-minute drive from the coastal city of Mandurah and six kilometres, or a 10 minute drive, east of the regional town of Pinjarra. It is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, within the Shire of Murray and is a major regional employer with approximately 1000 employees.
Monday, 24th December 2018
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa of Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,300 people in Western Australia (WA) and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 16 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), and Alcoa of Australia’s Chairman and Managing Director Michael Parker is a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 50 years. More than 75 per cent of Alcoa of Australia’s total annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.