Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Bendigo site is the sole remaining automotive manufacturer in Australia, designing, building and exporting vehicles around the world. Our unique Bushmaster and Hawkei vehicles are designed to protect soldiers from explosions in the field, with over 300 Australian lives saved attributed to the Bushmaster in Afghanistan alone. Join the team of 350 at our Bendigo site and you'll benefit from free parking, a subsidised canteen and a friendly working environment, whilst knowing your work contributes to protecting our soldiers well into the future.
Thales Australia Vehicle & Tactical Systems exists to develop protected mobility vehicles, developing specialised products to meet specific requirements not catered for elsewhere. As a domain, the goal of Protected Vehicles is to develop an organisation that provides world class Protected Vehicle solutions and through life support to defence organisations around the world.
This role sits within one of the specialist Product Integration Teams specifically for the Integral Computing System and the integration of the command, control, communication and intelligence systems within the vehicle, and provide engineering investigation and analysis.
- Focus on integration activity with other key vehicle systems and components
- Partnering with other design engineering professionals to optimise the design and layout of equipment to ensure integration activities incorporate Human Factors, safety and other operational requirements
- Liaise with production teams to ensure correct installation and fit out during manufacturing, including end of line testing
- Provide technical support to various internal stakeholders across Design, Production, CAD, Configuration Management and Integrated Logistics Support, including problem solving and continuous improvement
- Stakeholder management of all relevant parties to achieve the desired outcome, both internal and external
- Complete regular reporting requirements and participate in relevant design reviews and other technical forums
- Tertiary qualified professional Engineer (Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics) coupled with significant experience in a similar role focused on electrical systems integration
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and electronic systems/wiring, ideally including electromagnetic exposure and Communications systems.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organisation and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence others in the achievement of desired business outcomes
- Experience in the interpretation and analysis of technical drawings and related documents, technical document writing and preparation, Test planning, Conduct and Evaluation, and Product Improvement.
- Proven ability to operate with autonomy whilst working with diverse teams to deliver against required project schedules
- Intermediate computer skills, especially in MS Office and exposure to DOORS
- Those with previous experience in the development of automotive/vehicle systems, specifically with CAN networks will be viewed favourably
The position is dependent on the candidate eligibility to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
The suitable candidate needs to be ITARS cleared; therefore Thales needs to know if you hold any passport other than Australian, or have dual citizenship.
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We supportour employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career.We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providingan inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!