We are looking for a SaaS Operations Engineer with Linux Administration experience to join the team to help build and protect the cloud environments and associated applications.
- Independent and self-directed work ethic when participating in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication and able to articulate issues to management and peers.
- Have a strong understanding of Linux (CentOS, RedHat) systems including kernel, firewalls, network, disk, CPU & memory
- Proficiency configuring, patching, troubleshooting, securing, Linux systems and Applications
- Understanding of software development life cycle and delivery process and source control management (Jira, Git, etc.)
- Exposure to Virtualization technologies (VMware) and to cloud and security systems & concepts
- Good problem solving ability with experience of resolving complex issues
- Able to identify, propose and assess solutions, workarounds and resolutions to enhance operational environment.
- Ability to document standards and procedures, paying attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize activities and ensure that commitments and timetables are met
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies in response to changing requirements.
- Exposure to some of the following technologies: Data Power, ISAM, WGA, DB2, Cloudant, Docker, Kubernetes
- Support and Troubleshoot our security cloud and ‘as a service’ environments
- Provide support during your geography's day as a part of a global 24x7 on-call rotation team and provide clear documented handover between shifts.
- Ability to take lead on incident follow-up when appropriate and bring incidents to closure
- Monitor network traffic for security events and perform triage analysis to identify security
- incidents. Participate in escalations and communicate on escalation channels
- Build and deploy new environments to support our SaaS products
- Delivery of runbooks and knowledge base articles
- Develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation using tools such as Rundeck, Ansible, UCD
- Work with broader development teams to troubleshoot & resolve defects, understand capacity and address performance requirements.
- Ensure proper operational readiness in in place for production environments including monitoring, analysis, reporting and backups.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.