- Opportunity for career development
- Contract Officer (IEA)
- Based in Eastern Creek
As an Easements Manager, youwill provide leadership, guidance and technical direction to staff and contractorsas you manage the vegetation and access tracks on transmission easements in their area of responsibility, including preparation of detailed vegetation assessments, environmental assessments and work plans, supervision of contractors and verification of claims for payment.
You will perform scheduled ground inspections and aerial inspections of transmission line easements, including minor maintenance tasks. In addition you will provide effective liaison with local property owners, statutory authorities and other stakeholders regarding any work being planned or undertaken by TransGrid.
As a an Easements Manager, you will:
- Ensure effective management of allocated responsibilities and teams through
- Participation in organisational planning, cascading and developing complementary plans at a business, group and team level
- Ensuring compliance with relevant financial requirements, developing, implementing and monitoring budgets for teams and activities
- Optimising resource allocation including ensuring employees are effectively managed in terms of allocation of duties, leave management and performance
- Ensuring all audit and related outcomes (IMS) are dealt with in a timely manner and not allowed to become overdue without appropriate reason
- To assess, scope and manage the vegetation contracts for all easements and transmission lines.
- To ensure accurate records are maintained for work performed by the contractor, that the scope is completed to the required standard and billing is in accordance with the agreed scope.
- Oversee the PESA and Bushfire Management Plans.
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce and control risks within, easements and access tracks.
- Maintain and ensure through effective and proactive leadership a safe and healthy workplace and environmental compliance through.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Broad based knowledge and previous experience in transmission systems, construction activities and/or civil maintenance work programs
- Knowledge of community expectations and needs
- Ability to provide leadership and training to a multi-disciplinary technical workforce and provide direction to staff
- The ability to interpret and facilitate the application and monitoring of TransGrid’s environmental policies and procedures and relevant legislation in the work environment
- Competent in the application of work health safety and other relevant safety legislation and policies relative to the duties of the position
- Competent in the application of risk management methodologies
- Demonstrated capacity for the successful development and implementation of organisational and operational change
- Proven business planning and management skills
At the heart of the national electricity market, our high voltage transmission network connects customers across NSW and ACT to safe and reliable electricity. We’re a newly privatised company that’s taking a leading role in encouraging the connection of renewable generation. Would you like to help us connect Australia to a low carbon future?
We offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide are continually improving. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve, and bring different perspectives to different challenges.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day. For further information please contact our HR Business Partnering team on (02) 9620 0222 (ext 900 222) or visit www.transgrid.com.au/careers to view the position description and apply online.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
Applications close Monday, 29 November 2018.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.