- Exciting Hawkei protected vehicle project
- Bendigo location, free parking available
- Become part of a large friendly team of engineers
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales Australia Vehicle & Tactical Systems exists to develop protected mobility vehicles, developing specialised products to meet specific requirements not catered for elsewhere. As a domain, the goal of Protected Vehicles is to develop an organisation that provides world class Protected Vehicle solutions and through life support to defence organisations around the world.
The role of the Driveline Engineer within the Driveline Product Integration Team is to design and integrate driveline, propulsion and related components and systems within vehicle platforms and to perform engineering investigations and design analysis.
- Design, develop, integrate and verify driveline systems and components for specialist medium-heavy vehicles including tolerance analysis, computations, reports and verifications
- Actively participate in design planning meetings, design reviews and other project meetings
- Create, interpret and analyse 3D CAD models, drawings and technical documents
- Perform engineering investigations, possibly including finite element analysis and simulations, and report findings
- Participate in the product integration and qualification phase
- Plan, co-ordinate and supervise developmental tests
- Qualifications in Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent as recognised by Engineers Australia
- Experience in design and manufacturing environments
- Strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical design principles and practices
- Knowledge of CAD and parametric modelling
- Excellent stakeholder management and be able to work collaboratively across a large tea of specialist engineers
Must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re an equal opportunity employer who is open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know.
To be considered for this role, please click the apply button