Distribution Centre Manager – Yarraville
Are you looking to work in a fast paced and continuous improvement environment? If you are a passionate and proactive logistics professional, then you will not want to miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
CSR Lightweight Systems is an Australian market leader in the manufacture and distribution of Gyprock™ plasterboard, Cemintel™ fibre cement and Ceilector™ ceiling systems, for use in a wide range of residential and commercial construction applications.
Based at our distribution centre in Yarraville, we are looking for a manager who will influence change; develop teams and who has a passion for driving continuous operational improvement in a busy and unique environment.
Duties & Responsibilities;
Reporting directly to the Logistics manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the distribution centre. You will ensure best practice is in place operationally and in leadership to maintain and improve safety, quality and efficiency targets.
You responsibilities will also include;
- Financial management of relevant cost centres and associated targets
- Meeting agreed operational KPI’s through appropriate behaviours and leadership techniques
- Develop new and lead existing safety, health and environment programs within the distribution centre
- The ongoing development of your teams skills through coaching, training and mentoring
- Identifying, implementing and driving continuous improvement projects within the distribution centre
- Building strong relationships with all stakeholders across the business
Skills & Qualifications:
If you want to be successful in this role you will be a highly motivated and adaptable leader with exceptional knowledge of warehouse and distribution processes and systems.
To be considered for this role you will also have;
- A bachelor’s degree (or suitable level experience) in logistics, supply chain or business
- Previous experience in DC leadership roles within a busy fast paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of warehousing & distribution systems and processes including exposure to Warehouse Management Systems
- The ability to work well in a fast paced and sometimes pressurised environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A hands on attitude, strong problem solving skills and the ability think strategically
- A strong commitment to health & Safety and continuous improvement
Rewards & Benefits of the role
- A full-time permanent opportunity
- An attractive salary package
- 12% superannuation
- Annual Leave Loading
- CSR Public Holiday
- USOP share plan options
- The opportunity to progress your career with one of Australia’s leading building products companies
CSR has a fantastic working environment and embraces full diversity on our sites. If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and would like be involved with an exciting and innovative company then apply online today!
For more information please head to www.csr.com.au.
CSR has a process of pre-employment checks which include criminal record checks and medicals which includes a drug and alcohol screen