Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
12 months with possibility of extension
Possibility of Extension:
$4,953.30 - $5,434.20 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
EXEC MIN CORP
Legislative Review Team
Midnight Friday 17 August 2018
Current QFES and IGEM employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Comprising the Fire and Rescue Service, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, QFES also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the Role
The Director, Legislative Review will lead a significant project to review QFES legislation and deliver on legislative reforms.
There are no mandatory requirements for this role.
Your Key Accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Provide high level leadership and management ensuring effective and high quality policy and legislative development.
- Lead projects to develop effective legislative policy options and provide strategic and expert advice on policy and legislative issues.
- Develop and maintain productive partnerships with a range of stakeholders to ensure successful negotiation on strategic policy and legislative proposals.
- Represent the department at a senior level as required, including at interdepartmental and intergovernmental meetings and associated management committees
- Manage human, financial and physical resources, ensuring a culture of client service and performance management.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following leadership and management behavioural competencies Queensland Public Service Workforce Capability Success Profile that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Workforce Capability Success Profile Category – Program Manager
Performance through Vision
- Demonstrates broad perspective
- Navigates ambiguity and politics
- Leads change
- Delivers by working across boundaries
- Champions innovative ideas and solutions
Performance through Results
- Manages group performance
- Manages internal and external relationships
- Build group capability
- Inspires individual and team commitment in the pursuit of results
Performance through Accountability
- Models professional and ethical behaviour
- Displays courage in the provision of advice
- Applies business acumen
- Commits to personal development
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Adam Stevenson, Executive Director, Executive, Ministerial and Corporate Services on phone 07 3635 2588 or email Adam.Stevenson@qfes.qld.gov.au.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide for information on how to apply for this role.