Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
As a result of our growing global operations, we’re now seeking DevOps Engineers to join our Melbourne office.
What you get to do every day:
- Provide simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Contribute to making our infrastructure simple, reliable, and easy to operate.
- Participate in diverse projects and collaborate with multiple engineering teams.
- Use a wide variety of technologies, wear lots of hats (actual hats optional).
- Work alongside team mates in Singapore, Copenhagen, Dublin, San Francisco and Madison to improve the platform and keep on-call to daylight hours!
- Eat lunch with a bunch of genuine and fun people.
What the stack looks like:
- Our platform runs on Ubuntu, Centos, and Alpine.
- The servers live in AWS, GCP, and co-located data centres.
- Services deploy to bare metal, Xen, ECS, Lambda, and Kubernetes.
- Data is stored in MySQL, Redis, Kafka, ELK, Cassandra, and Memcache.
- Our compute runs on Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, and GCP Dataflows.
- The teams manage all of this using Chef, SparkleFormation, and Terraform.
- Underlying code written in Ruby, Scala, Python, Go, and sometimes PHP.
What you bring to the role:
Programming and automated management of Linux systems are the foundations of what we do and you’ll, ideally, have recent experience in both. We use a wide variety of technologies and expect everyone will need time to learn how to work with each of them.
As a member of this team, you’ll join us in striving to encourage the adoption of DevOps practices across the engineering organisation as well as the Melbourne tech community. So when you see a new technology or a better way of doing things we’ll make sure you have the freedom to learn and champion it.
Benefits include gender-neutral parental leave, corporate hospital cover, Zendesk stock and flexible working hours. Our Collins Street offices come with fully provisioned fridges and relaxed social spaces. You’ll find board games, table tennis, group coding sessions, public talks and meetups to be regular occurrences. Baked goods are usually abundant too! Social responsibility is something we strongly believe in and regularly volunteer with our community partners.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation.