**- Excellent salary + 12.5% super
- Experience in civil engineering design required
- Great opportunity to develop your career with worlds largest construction materials company**
About Holcim Australia
Holcim is one of the world's leading suppliers of construction materials including cement, aggregates, concrete & precast products with 80,000 people in 70 countries around the world & annual sales in excess of US$20 Billion.
With a strong focus on sustainable development, Holcim's values are strength, performance & passion. We have been supplying Australia's construction industry including major infrastructure, civil and mining sectors for more than 100 years. Holcim Australia employs 3,000+ people and operates over 300 sites across Australia.
Our Humes business is one of Australia's leading providers of engineered concrete solutions for the civil construction industry. We pride ourselves on delivering customised solutions on major projects around the country.
About the role
The Design Engineer is a key position in our Technical Services team, integral to manufacturing, product and project work throughout Australia.
- Preparing designs to meet all relevant Australian standards using recognised design principles and methods
- Carry out independent design and drafting checks to minimise errors and maintain quality.
- Checking all design documentation before client submission
- Identify opportunities for improvement & make constructive suggestions for change.
- Providing technical advice to clients and manufacturing sites
- Carry out continual reviews of standard Humes products to enhance ease of manufacture, product application and customer requirements.
The role requires a proven performer with contractual awareness, strong analytical & problem solving skills & a fundamental understanding of project scheduling & delivery.
- Civil Engineering degree qualified
- Practical working knowledge of concrete & related products ideally
- Excellent drafting and design skills
- Optimistic & engaging approach to your work
- A positive attitude & appetite for learning
You are appreciated for your outstanding problem solving, communication & negotiation skills, which comes packaged in a manner & style that engenders respect & builds strong relationships.
Why join Holcim Australia?
We invest in the development of our people, providing a variety of careers within the company both locally & globally.
We are dedicated to our environment and the communities where we live and work in.
We strive for best practice across our entire business. We are industry leaders in safety management, environmental performance, social responsibility, sales force effectiveness & operational efficiency.
Find out where Holcim can take your career by applying today.