The Dealer channel manages & grows a portfolio of #560 sites and 3.5Blpa across all states except Tasmania. The business enables #190dealer relationships of which 25 relationships have 4 or more sites. The channel compliments COS, Truck-stop & Distributor networks, and is critical in support and footprint of BP Card offer. The business has a strong growth rate and is an intrinsically embedded channel within the ANZ FVC strategy.
The Dealer Account Lead is responsible for a portfolio of assets & relationships, with the core principal KPI being growth through both existing dealers & the competitor landscape or greenfield locations.
As an experienced sales and relationship manager the role is key to helping build capability across the dealer team and similarly across broader business stakeholders. It is accountable for profitable & effective management of a diverse Dealer portfolio and the role is representative of the business and the primary face of BP to the customer. 70% role is in field focussed on relationships & growth, with 30% of role spent both administratively and cross business stakeholder management.
- Drive cultural change throughout dealer business (ie safety, compliance, marketing initiatives). Own & succinctly articulate the vision, influence & lead the change, attain commitment from dealers.
- Strong leadership & ability to deliver the right tone and amplification of messaging in driving quarterly dealer meeting agendas, as well as the full suite of day to day dealer engagements.
- Lead and manage ½ year reviews with top 25 customers, simultaneously enhancing the relationship and driving performance initiatives.
- Provide coaching and support across the broader Dealer team & cross business stakeholders
- Influence & develop dealer principal awareness & capability WRT representing BP’s brand.
- Earn trust of the full suite of dealers & internal stakeholders, enabling strong customer engagement.
Privilege to Operate
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with key partners, both internal and external.
- Dealer relationship management, including the leading of ongoing contractual re-negotiations.
- Business growth. Opportunities generated by Dealer Account Lead & Business Development Lead. Deliberate planning & systematic preparation. An ability to prioritise growth against administrative.
- Closely manage & respond to gaps in dealer industry compliance program.
Sales & Results
- Deliver on annually determined set of KPI’s, maximising BP’s income from operation.
- Drive business growth opportunities, delivering on financial performance measures.
- Develop & maintain relationships with Dealers and internal stakeholders – ie Elite, Supply, Logistics.
- Manage contract breaches & where required.
- Effectively manage risk through compliance with BP’s HSSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with BP’s Health & Safety policies, injury & incident reporting.
Degree qualified in Business, Commerce or Marketing preferred.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Strong understanding of Market & Competitor sets
- Ability to build external & internal relationships, displaying capacity of relationship retention.
- Strong negotiation skillset with proven capacity to recognise commercial opportunity and an appetite to pursue and convert them.
- Ability to manage a diverse portfolio of customers, from single sites through to key account.
- Ability to manage relationship conflict and the ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong commercial acumen, skilled at constructing offers that drive maximum value for BP
- Influencing capability across internal & external stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Broader understanding of the Dealer, Distributor & COS channels of trade;
- Working knowledge of Fuel & Convenience;
- Relationship management experience at mid to senior management level of customer sets.
- Experience engaging and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders, whilst maintaining strong relationships under challenging growth & competitor conditions.
- Experience working autonomously.
- Experience delivering on complex contract negotiations.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
Field based role, company car and tools of trade provided.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 75%
Is this a part time position?
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.
BP’s Fuels AsPac business operates in three distinctive retail fuels markets in Australia, New Zealand and China.
We’ve been proudly operating in Australia for almost 100 years. Here, we are the only fully integrated fuels business, with a team of 6,000 passionate people delivering quality fuels from the well to the petrol bowser. Along with our terminals, pipelines and 1,400 BP-branded retail fuel sites we are also founding participants in the North West Shelf and Browse joint ventures. We also operate Australia’s largest refinery in Kwinana.
Our 3,000 strong New Zealand team is driven to deliver a customer experience second to none. Today we operate more than 90 BP Connect retail sites and are renowned for our signature Wild Bean Cafes. We also have a national network of BP-branded independent retailers, distributor partners, truckstops, and a terminals and logistics operation.
Through strong partnerships with China’s top two state-owned oil companies, PetroChina and Sinopec, BP operates over 750 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces, serving 400,000 customers and selling over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day. And BP now also has a joint venture with Shandong Dongming Petroleum Company Ltd.
BP strives to be a world-class operator, a responsible corporate citizen and a great employer. We care deeply about our people, creating a diverse and inclusive environment where everybody can contribute and grow. The breadth of our business makes it the perfect place to build your career.