Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure & Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers cloud services. Datacenter Technicians will perform key roles delivering core infrastructure & foundational technologies for Microsoft's online businesses.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform.
With environmental sustainability and Datacenter optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in MCIO as part of our Global Datacenter Operations Group!
As a successful Datacenter Technician, your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with various internal teams and external suppliers
- Understand overall ticket management process
- Perform power cycles, swap out failed components, handle storage media, and perform troubleshooting
- Perform cable installations, hardware rack / stack installations, testing, and troubleshooting using standard datacenter processes
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
- Supporting deployment of on-site DC physical infrastructure including Servers, NetDevices, SANS, Window Server OS
- Supporting parts/component replacement and physical hardware troubleshooting
- As required, assist Datacenter Inventory and Asset Management Team with shipping/receiving and inventory management to address high work volumes
- Ensures compliance with GDCO business units and service-level policies.
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.