The AECOM Dams Group is the foremost dams consultancy business in Australia. We have leading experts in the fields of geotechnical, structural, risk assessment and dam behaviour. We have worked on some of the largest and most challenging projects such as Hinze Dam and Dartmouth Dam (the highest earth and rockfill dam in Australia).
We are inviting structural engineers with the right skills to join the team.
What can the dams team at AECOM offer you?
- In this tough competitive consulting environment the team often wins work purely on the strength of its team and its collaborative approach to dealing with complex problems.
- We have full forward forecast of interesting and exciting projects.
- We value innovation and creative thinking.
- Senior leadership that is strong in technical mentoring, and values the development of staff.
Your role will involve:
- Being part of the dams team providing structural design and civil design services to the various business lines within the Melbourne office and within Asia-Pacific, including dam and other infrastructure projects;
- Preparation of tenders and proposals;
- Participating in technical activities; and
- Generally supporting project teams around Asia Pacific in achieving stated goals.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline (Essential)
- Previous work experience (minimum 6 years) in Dams engineering is essential
- Previous experience in concrete structural design is essential
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong design skills
- Good technical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability in the structural design of dams and appurtenant structures, including the preparation of design reports, design drawings and specifications
- Well developed planning and organisational skills
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 187416BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.