We are looking for an experienced structural engineer with at least eight years of experience (preferably working on dams projects) to join our team.
The AECOM Dams Group is one of the foremost dams consultancy businesses in Australia. We have leading experts in the fields of geotechnical, structural, risk assessment and dam design. We have worked on some of the largest dam projects in Australia such as, Hinze Dam and Dartmouth Dam.
What can the dams team at AECOM offer you?
- You will work in a team that often wins work purely on the strength of its people and collaborative approach to dealing with complex problems.
- We have lots of interesting and exciting projects that we are currently working on.
- We value innovation and creative thinking.
- Our senior leadership is strong in technical mentoring, and values the development of staff.
Your role will involve:
- Being part of the dams team providing structural design and civil design services to the various business lines within the Melbourne office and within Asia-Pacific, including dam and other infrastructure projects;
- Preparation of tenders and proposals;
- Leading and supporting project teams to undertake the following:
- Investigation and condition assessment of existing dams.
- Concept design development for mass concrete and appurtenant structures.
- Documenting the engineering designs, inspection reports and surveillance works undertaken.
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and technical specifications for construction.
- Construction support services including inspection of works, evaluation of quality control and quality assurance data and construction reporting.
- At least eight years of experience in concrete structural design is essential (dams experience preferred)
- Demonstrated capability in structural design, including the preparation of design reports, design drawings and specifications
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Well developed planning and organisational skills.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related discipline (Essential).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering - Water / Wastewater
Business Line Water
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 187416BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.