(2 year fixed term)
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic self-motivated individual to enhance TransGrid’s reputation and relationships with the organisation’s established customer base and set the foundation for continued customer oriented growth.
The Customer Manager (Infrastructure) is responsible for leading the engagement with established customers throughout the entire customer life cycle. No day is the ever same as a Customer Manager as you engage and develop relationships with a highly diverse range of customers including thermal generators, direct connect energy users, distribution network service providers and renewable generators.
With a commitment to delivering a seamless customer experience on all commercial agreements and services, you will be responsible for influencing customer focussed outcomes within TransGrid and driving cultural change. In addition you will leverage the strategic networks and relationships you establish to identify and communicate key market insights and customer oriented growth opportunities that can be readily pursued or utilised by the business.
As a Customer Manager (Infrastructure) you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leadership through fostering a continuous improvement culture and customer-centric behaviours within TransGrid
- Proactively engage with and service designated customers to build and enhance business relationships.
- Monitor and understand the business activities, needs and sensitivities of allocated accounts to identify customer oriented growth opportunities and challenges for TransGrid
- Contribute to the development and submission of proposals and submissions to win new and expanded business with existing customers (including voice of customer advocacy)
- Understand the business and market challenges faced by customers and inform and advise TransGrid’s leadership team and staff on the development and provision of products and services to meet the needs of designated customers
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other TransGrid groups, external service providers and stakeholders that support customer oriented growth and achievement of wider business objectives
- Regularly report to senior leadership team on customer management activities and performance – covering opportunities, insights, feedback and emerging risks/issues
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven performance and skills in managing customer relationships and/or account management.
- Good working knowledge regarding the interpretation and application of commercial agreements
- Demonstrated ability to interact with stakeholders and customers at all organisational levels and maximise access to decision makers and influencers
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills to secure growth opportunities and build customer relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of the electricity and industry and emerging challenges and opportunities for transmission network providers (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of transmission network connections (desirable)
- Sales or advocacy experience relating to electrical infrastructure services (desirable)
At the heart of the national electricity market, our high voltage transmission network connects consumers across NSW and ACT to safe and reliable electricity. We’re a newly privatised company that’s taking a leading role in encouraging the connection of renewable generation and, more broadly, the transition to a low carbon future.
We offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide are continually improving. Our people come from a broad range of backgrounds that reflect the communities we serve, and bring different perspectives to different challenges.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day. For further information please contact our HR Business Partnering team on (02) 9620 0222 (ext 900 222) or visit www.transgrid.com.au/careers to view the position description and apply online.
Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
Please note this is a 2 year fixed term contract
We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here .
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form