HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Are you passionate about creating a seamless customer experience? Are you committed to continually delivering great ways to help your team succeed? As a Customer Service Team Lead you will be responsible for guiding Customer Service Representatives (CSR) ensuring that they execute their tasks with high efficiency and quality. You will report on feedback received from all associated with our business including but not limited to customer and site users complaints, comments and/or compliments. You will also take part in focus groups and workshops to put forward any ideas and suggestions related to our business and subsequently assist with the implementation of improvement changes.
What you’ll do:
- Act as an information source for agents’ questions pertaining to process, policy and work schedules whilst reviewing, organising and delegating daily tasks for team
- Closely coordinate with other Leads and Management pertaining to support service levels and customer experience and take appropriate actions to correct when needed.
- Work in queues a minimum of 25% of work day to maintain subject matter expertise and support service level goals.
- Compile/send daily status and other required reports as directed by manager
- Advocate for customer needs by suggesting customer experience improvements
- Act as an information source for agents’ questions pertaining to process, policy and work schedules.
- Review, organize and delegate daily tasks for team
- Carry out performance measurement (Quality Audits), monitoring, and evaluation of all agents and operators to improve the efficiency. Provide feedback to CSRs in 1:1 once per month.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints and questions within required timeframe; assist team with de-escalation of calls in real time as needed
- Communicate solutions, successes, and opportunities to the Manager of customer support.
- Coordinate and participate in the delivery of training
- Proactively communicate with CS Manager regarding work flow, staffing issues/performance, and customer experience items
- Ensure that the team are meeting their KPI’s including customer satisfaction scores (80% or higher), quality audits (90% or higher), and e-mail SLA targets.
- Inspire and motivate agents; lead by example
- Encourage good team morale
- Special projects as designated by management
Who you are:
- 2+ years Customer Service experience. Minimum of 1 year of Team Lead/Coach.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to interpret management information making sound recommendations from analysis.
- Industry advantages: travel websites, online advertising or B2C websites
- High standards of computer literacy and keyboarding skills. Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) is required. (Intermediate level).
- Communication and listening skills; strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Exemplary communications and leadership skills, ability to inspire and support people.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Good people and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with all level of professions.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work whilst remaining calm under tight pressure.
- Ability to conduct appropriate performance management coaching.
- Good decision-making, IT, and cross departmental (internal) communication skills.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.