Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else.   This is a   world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit:   https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at:   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
The Cloud Solution Architect Manager is a leadership position within the Customer Success organization. The Cloud Solution Architect Manager for Data and AI drives revenue and market share by leading a team of cloud solution architects who are supporting solution sales opportunities leveraging the Microsoft Data Platform (on-premises software and Azure services) to meet their high-potential customers data modernization and analytics solution needs.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
The Cloud Solution Architect Manager will manage, coach, and lead a team of Solution Architects on high-potential accounts to uncover and support the business and IT goals of our customers. This role will demonstrate the business value of the Microsoft Platform and drive technical decisions at the customer, thus securing long-term sustainable growth for Microsoft.
As a Cloud Solution Architect Manager, you will:
Develop an high performing technical sales team that helps high-potential customers make sound technical decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft solutions.
• Talent Management: Attract and develop the best technical sellers from the market. Work with individuals on career plans while continuing to expand technical sales skills as Microsoft transforms
• Technical Acumen: Develop in-depth industry knowledge of customer’s IT technology environments within the Cloud Solution Architect teams.   Review mapping of relevant IT Technology Solutions to the industry’s and customer’s IT and Business maturity.
• Enablement: Provide an environment of continuous learning to improve employees’ technology skills. Encourage a team approach to complex opportunities that requires cross-domain solutions.
Manage technical excellence and sales excellence to drive the right customer success
• Business Management: Lead the team to proactively drive the technical design of a customer agreed to deployment/consumption plan for all customer wins, ensuring that all opportunity engagements have clear technical solution decision criteria defined and documented leveraging Microsoft Services and Partners as needed.
• Increase impact: Increase Azure consumption acceleration by challenging opportunity stage based on the status of technical engagements and consolidate technical, architectural and competitive escalations to the right channel.
• Unblock: By leading the Team and using the organization and partner to proactively unblock technical and architectural blockers at the customer for their technology decision and usage
Inspire others to take positive actions by being a technical leader, effective influencer
• Imageneer: Demonstrate internally and externally how technology innovations are applicable within their market and their customers to showcase our business value.
• Lead by example in driving cross group experience to support the sales in driving challenger based solution sales with a growth mindset.
• Ensure the team leverage their knowledge of top competitors technology to engage in architecture and capability discussions that highlight Microsoft's differentiated value proposition
• Foster an environment that encourages deep community participation, an appreciation for capturing and sharing customer insight, thoughtful use of escalation processes, identify technical sales blockers, capture evidence needed to support blockers and drive escalation appropriate.
Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 8+ years of related experience in Tech Sales leadership roles, managing high performance technical sales teams, and coaching architecture and solution sales required
• Strong experience in leadership and executing on Technology Visions preferred
• Solid interpersonal, coaching, and cross-group collaboration skills, and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries required
• Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, written, product demo, and verbal communication skills required
• Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required
• Contagious enthusiasm for and a desire to continuously learn new technology required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration, or relevant job experience required.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling desired
• Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture preferred