Microsoft Research has been studying quantum computing for several years and has become the world's center of expertise on topological quantum computing. The research effort includes a staff of theoretical physicists and experimental teams around the world. The Microsoft Quantum Group in Redmond, WA is looking for a Cryo Engineer to bring up a new cryogenic test lab.
In this role you will work with a small team of designers and hardware engineers to build out and manage a cryogenic test and measurement lab.
- Establish measurement, test and scaling capability in Redmond. Define new equipment, personnel and resources required to develop “at scale” quantum computing.
- Define new and refine existing test protocol for classical electronics.
- Work with highly experienced test and product engineers to integrate test components into our standard test flow.
- Establish quantum measurement systems and integrate new components coming from other labs into a comprehensive, scalable system.
- Support customer engagement for quantum and cryogenic computing.
- PhD in Physics or related field
- 5+ years with Cryogenic test
- Expert in dilution refrigerator operation
- Deep understanding of solid state qbit physics and test
- Python or other GPIB programing experience
- Self-driven, results-oriented, organized individual
- Excellent Teamwork, communication and problem solving skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.