An exciting, permanent role has become available for a lawyer with 3 years PAE to join the AECOM Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) Legal Team in its Melbourne or Adelaide office. We are looking for a pragmatic and commercially-minded lawyer, with broad corporate and commercial disputes experience, preferably in the construction, engineering and projects areas.
The ANZ Legal Team works on some of the largest and most significant infrastructure projects around Australia and globally, including design and construct projects, alliances, public private partnerships, managing contractor and EPCM contracts, across various markets including transport, defence, environment, mining, minerals and power and construction services. As a lawyer in the ANZ Legal Team, you will assume an integral role to help AECOM deliver these major projects and achieve its strategic goals.
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel, Australia New Zealand, your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing litigation and disputes, primarily professional indemnity claims
- Managing insurance and risk management issues for the team
- Assisting with company secretarial and corporate governance matters
- Assisting with employment law issues and disputes
- Ethics and compliance training, reporting and management
- Ad-hoc legal advice and general corporate matters, such as IP, property and WHS
- Supporting regional legal counsel with tenders, contracts and negotiation
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, policies and procedures
- 3 years post-admission experience in a top tier law firm and/or in-house
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Some knowledge of the construction/engineering/infrastructure industry
- Commercial and pragmatic approach
- Enthusiastic and driven individual that likes to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated track record of adding value to a diverse and dynamic business
- Tertiary qualification in law and admission to practice in Victoria (or eligibility for such)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Legal and Compliance
*Business Line*Support/Cross Services
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.