**- Join a world leader in the construction materials industry
- Excellent working conditions
- Both personal and professional development opportunities**
Holcim has been servicing the infrastructure, construction and mining industries for more than 110 years and employs over 3,000 staff across 300 sites.
Part of the world's largest construction materials Company, LafargeHolcim, Holcim is leading supplier of concrete, aggregates and precast products.
Why join Holcim?
As part of a global company, Holcim offers long term career paths along with a variety of training and development opportunities.
Holcim is proud to be an industry leader in safety and environmental sustainability as well as being committed to being a good member of the communities we live and work in.
- Based at our Hawthorn Office
- Close to public transport
- Flexible working hours
Further to this, offer here is:
- Generous salary package including 12.5% Super
- Permanent role in the world's largest building materials company
- A close knit team and an inclusive culture
- Personal and professional development opportunities
About the role
Based in our Hawthorn office and reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be working on pre and post-tender contract management activities and projects while ensuring contractual obligations are met during tender and delivery.
The pre-tender phase will involve such responsibilities as tender package review, reviewing pricing, analysing and negotiating contracts, working and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely tender submissions.
Post- tender you will hold responsibility in ensuring the timely review and execution of supply contracts, the administration of progress and contractual claims, project account set up and reconciliation and the day to day administration of the Contract Management Process, as well as any other tasks as required by the business.
To be successful you will need experience in a similar role coordinating tenders and contracts from either a supplier or contractor perspective.
Crucial to the role is being able to identify and mitigate risk contained within contracts as well as reviewing and reporting on project performance.
While relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, business or a related discipline are an advantage, highly developed interpersonal skills which cultivate relationships and foster teamwork is most important. Some site exposure in the construction industry would also be favourable.
Further to this you will need:
- Strong commercial acumen and decision making ability
- The skills to manage your time and plan effectively across multiple projects
- High attention to detail with exception written and oral skills
- High level proficiency in MS Office, Google Apps and/or SAP