Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We're now seeking a Software Engineer to help accelerate the ongoing development of Built by Zendesk Apps in the Zendesk App Marketplace. This role is on an initial six-month contract.
Built in-house, Zendesk Apps are used every day by a large number of our customers. The App Platform itself represents a unique opportunity to build powerful new features, workflows, or integrations on top of Zendesk Products, like Zendesk Support and now Zendesk Chat.
We recently released the 2nd version of our popular App Framework, upon which Zendesk Apps are built. The team you’ll be joining has the responsibility of migrating key Built by Zendesk Apps from App Framework v1 to App Framework v2. After making these apps first-class v2 citizens, you’ll collaborate closely with a Product Manager to focus on new features and iterating on customer feedback.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Experience with Front-End software engineering.
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer, Front End Developer, UI Developer etc.
- A testing mindset, and ideally some practical experience testing web applications.
- Care about Front-End performance, and strive to deliver the best possible experience to customers.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, and diplomatic: you can keep things moving while delivering great work.
- Ability to present ideas and information in a concise, well-organized manner.
- Design sense: You have a deep passion for design and great user experiences.
- Ideally worked with Node.js based build tools, such as Webpack, Babel, or similar.
- Ideally have experience building integrations with various web services (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc).
In return for your skills and experience, you'll receive a highly competitive pro-rated salary and enjoy working in bright, modern offices in the central CBD.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.