Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development. The Maritime & Aerospace Domain of Thales Australia consists of a number of sites around Australia with approximately 740 employees. The Platform Services area of Maritime & Aerospace employs approx. 240 members of staff and is provides ship repair and maintenance services to both commercial and Naval vessels.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the project scope and its relationship to the schedule and associated priorities.
- Participate in short-listing and selection of sub-contractors for inclusion in Thales Australia tenders, focusing on capability, resources to meet schedule/other subcontractor commitments, past performance (quality/schedule/safety/cost).
- Identify risks in respect to subcontractors and suitable mitigation strategies. Participate in “subcontract versus in-house” decision making meetings.
- Prior to awarding subcontracts, review the projects WBS and schedule and resourcing needs to meet the Head Contract requirements
If applicable, in liaison with the Commercial Manager, arrange the Bank Guarantee to be issued for the Head Contract and deliver it to the customer.
Conduct subcontractor kick-off meetings and ensure all subcontractor staff are inducted.
Monitor subcontractor actual manpower and equipment resourcing against subcontractors’ plan/schedule and, as required, take timely action with the subcontractor(s) to ensure project deliverables and schedules are met.
Motivate and influence subcontractors to work cohesively and effectively with Thales employees, other Thales subcontractors, and personnel undertaking concurrent Commonwealth work.
Your skills and experience
- Project Management Training and/or experience essential
- Training in Contracting, Tertiary, Trade or other Technical Qualifications desirable
- Good people skills and a proven ability to communicate in a positive manner with internal and external customers
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Quality and OHS systems knowledge.
- Experience in contracts and business development, including the costing and preparation of tender proposals.
- Advance computer skills, particularly MS Office
Please not that this role requires a Baseline Defence Security Clearance and candidates must be eligible for or have Defence Security Clearance. Candidates must also meet citizenship and ITAR requirements.
Interested so far? Please click on 'Apply' to submit your cover letter and your CV.