AECOM’s Melbourne Environment group is the lead provider of contaminated land assessment, impact assessment, and remediation services in Victoria.
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Contaminated Land Consultant to join our dynamic Geosciences and Remediation Services team based in Melbourne. You will work with a diverse team of technical leaders across a broad range of practice areas providing contaminated land assessment and remediation consulting services across market sectors including Oil and Gas, Defence, Government, Mining, Manufacturing, Energy, Water, Waste and Property.
As a Contaminated Land Consultant, you will play a primary role in managing and delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients. This will include:
- Management and coordination of various contaminated land projects, including preliminary and detailed site investigations, groundwater and soil vapour monitoring events, compliance monitoring and site remediation
- All aspects of project management, including preparation of scope and cost estimates, financial management, resource allocation and scheduling, health and safety management and engagement of subcontractors
- Effective verbal and written communication, liaison and management of clients, regulatory bodies, subcontractors, vendors and analytical laboratories
- Design of intrusive investigation and remediation programs, including preparation of sampling and analysis quality plans, placement and construction of groundwater and soil vapour monitoring wells, and selection of appropriate sampling and analytical techniques
- Authoring and peer review of high quality interpretative and technical deliverables, including proposal/tender preparation as required
- To supervise, provide safety leadership and mentor/ develop junior staff.
You will be required to work closely with our project teams to develop work programs designed to provide innovative and progressive project solutions for our clients. As such, we need an experienced professional, who possesses strong project management, technical, interpersonal and communication skills, and who is able to quickly respond to changing or challenging project needs. Flexibility is a must, and you will be required to undertake field work as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline such as environmental science, engineering, geology, or earth science
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a consultancy environment, specifically contaminated land assessment and remediation
- Experience and knowledge of contaminated land field methodologies, including supervision of drilling programs, service clearance and completion of sampling programs
- Strong background in contaminated site assessment and characterisation, including data gap analysis, uncertainty evaluation, establishment of data quality objectives and conceptual site model development
- Experience in data management software (ESDAT / Equis) and preparation of environmental reports
- Health and Safety training including: First Aid, Victoria Construction Induction, and preferably 24 HAZWOPER
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Environmental
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.