As an IT Software Engineering Consultant, you will create applications and solutions for internal Avanade business/IT requirements. You will be considered a builder that delivers highly-skilled technical work, and manage software source code. Additionally, this role will gather design requirements, and assist more senior team members in the overall solution/application design process.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Participate in the assessment of the Avanade environment and stakeholder requirements, documenting results properly
- Assist with designing software solutions for Avanade needs
- Build solutions in-line with gathered requirements and design specifications
- Deliver and maintain solutions through a complete software development lifecycle
- Develop written documentation and technical requirements based on business imperatives
- Assist with development and implementation of test plans; report findings, make recommendations to appropriate stakeholders
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- Experience developing software applications in Microsoft environments
- Experience building applications with/using the following technologies: [specified by career manager]
- Experienced with programming, scripting, performance testing
- Experienced with development standards and SDLC processes/methods
- Knowledgeable of third party controls that help with the requirements gathering, documentation, system and design process
- Experience consulting to diverse internal stakeholders
- Experience communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Experience working with distributed teams
- [International] Solid written and spoken English skills
Preferred Education Background:
You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in IT/IS-related field
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have 0-3 years software engineering experience, preferably in an IT environment
Scope of Work:
- Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
- Scope of Work: Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
- Complexity: Complex problems that can span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should start to support client relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
- Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with routine supervision of work efforts. May serve as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline and basic knowledge of business operations.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Internal customer satisfaction
- Annual goals and training targets
Requisition ID - 52968
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.