AGL is one of Australia's leading integrated energy companies and largest ASX listed owner, operator, and developer of renewable energy generation in the country. Drawing on over 180 years of experience, AGL operates retail and merchant energy businesses, power generation assets and an upstream gas portfolio. AGL has one of Australia's largest retail energy and dual fuel customer bases. AGL has a diverse power generation portfolio including base, peaking and intermediate generation plants, spread across traditional thermal generation as well as renewable sources including hydro, wind, landfill gas and biomass. AGL is taking action toward creating a sustainable energy future for our investors, communities, and customers.
About the Role
The Customer Support Consultant provides critical post sale customer support, escalation management and issue resolution to Connectnow customers, partners, REAs and retail partners along with internal teams such as Call Centre, BDMs, and Partner Support teams.
Reporting to the Customer Support Team Leader; the Customer Support Consultant will be responsible for effective, timely and customer focused management of inbound customer calls and emails. The Customer Support Consultant should attempt First Contact Resolution in all instances possible, and bring strong communication, complaint, and issue management skills to the role. A thorough understanding of the energy industry and distributor relationships is also highly desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business with a wealth of talent and long term opportunities for the right individuals.
- Respond to phone and email queries promptly such as no power issues, billing queries and post-sale customer concerns
- Manage issues promptly to avoid customer dissatisfaction and compensation claims
- Work closely with Call Centre, TL’s, and the Partner Support Teams to ensure best service is being provided to the client base
- Ensure Inbound communications channels are managed to the highest standards
- Entering of sales requests, data and reporting
- Contribute to sales retention by resolving customer issues promptly and saving sales in every possible contact
- Ability to work on a rotating roster – Monday to Friday between 8am–8pm & some Saturdays between 9am–1pm
- Previous Customer Service and customer issue resolutions experience
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to prioritise multiple tasks & work within strict deadlines
- Demonstrated customer negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality and customer data privacy
- Ability to proactively identify issues that continually impact the customer experience
- Previous experience in energy and telecommunications sector is desirable
What's in it for you?
You'll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working. You'll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative people in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Embrace a change where your actions will make a difference. Apply today!
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity, please contact Trevor Draude on 03 8805 6570.
Advertised: 07 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 17 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time