Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development.
Our Technical Services Team is responsible for providing repair, maintenance and technical support to defence in the areas of major and minor fleet units, including specific marine, electronic and weapon systems across all naval services and platforms.
- Undertake routine Condition Assessment tasks as directed and guided by Testing & Inspection Supervisor.
- Keep abreast of current Condition Assessment technologies and techniques applicable to engineering equipment thus retaining and enhancing effective capability in this area.
- Assist Testing & Inspection Supervisor with internal and external clients in order to provide an optimal specialist service that meets quality, timeliness, and cost targets.
- Advise Testing & Inspection Supervisor in recommending, justifying, and upkeep scientific equipment in the areas of responsibility.
- Participate and make relevant decisions consistent with the delivery of quality service to clients.
- Manage the upkeep of maintenance and documentation pertaining to the Testing & Inspection instrumentation and test equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of current naval technologies.
- Quality and OHS systems knowledge.
- Sound technical writing skills.
- Good people skills and a proven ability to communicate in a positive manner with internal and external customers.
- Experience in the preparation of quotations, estimates and scheduling Completion of a National Diploma, Advanced Diploma; or equivalent
- Possess Vibration Analysis accreditation equivalent to requirements of ISO 18436.2 Category 1 standard or higher
- Possess Infrared Thermography accreditation equivalent to the requirements of ISO 18436-7:2008 Level 1 standard or higher
- This role may require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.