Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Garden Island is the headquarters for our Maritime business along with being a major fleet base for the Royal Australian Navy. This unique waterside located in Sydney’s inner eastern suburbs is easily accessible by public transport, with onsite parking and canteens this is an exciting place to work that is steeped in history. Our Garden Island team provide repair, maintenance and in-service support for a variety of commercial and Naval platforms. With much of the work being conducted in the Southern Hemisphere’s largest dry dock, Thales are also contracted to provide docking, reticulated services and facility maintenance across the site.
Our Technical Services Team is responsible for providing repair, maintenance and technical support to defence in the areas of major and minor fleet units, including specific marine, electronic and weapon systems across all naval services and platforms.
- Undertake routine Condition Assessment tasks as directed and guided by Testing & Inspection Supervisor.
- Keep abreast of current Condition Assessment technologies and techniques applicable to engineering equipment thus retaining and enhancing effective capability in this area.
- Assist Testing & Inspection Supervisor with internal and external clients in order to provide an optimal specialist service that meets quality, timeliness, and cost targets.
- Advise Testing & Inspection Supervisor in recommending, justifying, and upkeep scientific equipment in the areas of responsibility.
- Participate and make relevant decisions consistent with the delivery of quality service to clients.
- Manage the upkeep of maintenance and documentation pertaining to the Testing & Inspection instrumentation and test equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of current naval technologies.
- Quality and OHS systems knowledge.
- Sound technical writing skills.
- Good people skills and a proven ability to communicate in a positive manner with internal and external customers.
- Experience in the preparation of quotations, estimates and scheduling Completion of a National Diploma, Advanced Diploma; or equivalent
- Possess Vibration Analysis accreditation equivalent to requirements of ISO 18436.2 Category 1 standard or higher
- Possess Infrared Thermography accreditation equivalent to the requirements of ISO 18436-7:2008 Level 1 standard or higher
- This role may require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!