Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
An opportunity has arisen for a Component Rebuild Fitter to join the Thiess Component Rebuild Centre team. The role will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Working on a Monday - Friday residential roster in Darra, Brisbane, you will thrive on meeting goals and challenges and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do. In return, we will celebrate your achievements and provide great opportunities for you to take your career to the next level.
Some of your duties will include:
- Full teardown, inspect and rebuild of a broad range of mobile mining equipment components
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspections to maximise facility efficiency
- Second to none attitude towards workplace safety
What skills and experience do you need?
- Trade Certificate in Diesel Fitting or relevant equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in Component diagnosis and/or Rebuild
- Forklift, Gantry Crane and Rigger/Dogger tickets desirable
When do you need to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please ensure you apply directly online by 5pm Monday 30th April 2018.