Do work that matters
As a Compliance Advisor, Digital in the Retail Banking Compliance Advice Team you will be responsible for providing high quality compliance advice to ensure the retail bank’s online and mobile experiences including commbank.com.au and netbank.com.au as well as CommBank's mobile and social media apps are compliant with all financial services laws, regulations, codes and internal policies.
You will keep pace with the regulatory environment and ongoing improvement activities, provide support as the division reviews its approach to risk management and foster a culture through education and awareness that promotes responsible risk management behaviour.
See yourself in our team
The compliance advice team provides compliance support to business colleagues as they develop and enhance CBA’s retail banking products (including transaction accounts, credit cards, home loans, insurance) and customer experiences across all distribution channels (including branch, telephone and digital).
On any given day you will
- Advise on compliance with new and existing regulatory obligations including ASIC Act, Responsible Lending, e-payments code, Privacy laws, Code of Banking Practice and other legislative obligations relevant to the branch network
- Draft compliance input for the Risk and Compliance Committees
- Deliver regular reports on progress and escalate critical matters as necessary
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with business and compliance colleagues and be able to provide constructive challenge and risk analysis to mitigate regulatory risks
- Excel in customer service and provide support to RBS stakeholders and Group functions
- Ensure efficient and effective operations and procedures
- Generate improvements in regulatory risk profile and/or regulatory costs by effective delivery of project outcomes and high quality stakeholder management
- Deliver on any required cost management or productivity initiatives
Your path looks like
If you live and breathe the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities both within Retail Banking Services Compliance and beyond the wider CBA group. We’ll help you find the next step that’s right for you and enable you to be your best.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Degree qualified in a legal, financial, business, or risk discipline
- Excellent knowledge of financial services law and practice, including ASIC Act, Corporations Act, Code of Banking Practice, privacy, credit law and responsible lending regulations, e-payments Code, competition law, fair trading, and other relevant financial services regulations
- Excellent commercial knowledge of retail banking products, processes, customers and distribution
- Ability to constructively challenge to ensure that RBS continues to meet regulatory expectations and risk appetite
- Outstanding relationship skills, including the ability to engage a variety of internal stakeholders to achieve business and risk management objectives
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to produce a range of communications, including customer documents
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.