The Hosting Commercial Solutions Executive (CSE), is CSE with a focus on supporting the Hosting and Managed Services Partner business within OCP. Within the CSE team you are the SME for the Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA) and the Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) agreement, as well as for Hybrid Licensing solutions that facilitate the partner and customer journey to the cloud.
You work with the OCP team, SPLA Resellers, Hosters and Managed Services providers to maximize revenue contribution, drive partner and customer satisfaction and help partners as they transform their business. You will be measured on sales goals as well as execution metrics that ensure on-time and quality deals. You will provide expert advice & consultation to the sales office in relation to licensing solutions for partners in complex scenarios.
You will be the escalation point for any requirements to adjust partner contract terms & conditions. You will hold specific partner contract concession approval authority in order to close partner licensing deals, and will work with the ISV Hosting and Managed Services Provider (IHMSP) Business Desk team for custom deals requiring Licensing Executive empowerment. You will have to demonstrate an insatiable appetite to continuously learn as well as energize the company’s mission on empowering every person and every organization on this planet to achieve more.
- Agree on the best Partner Licensing deal through definition & negotiation of the commercial terms in collaboration with the Partner Account Team.
- Manage any changes to Partner Licensing contractual terms using your own approval authority or working with other approvers as needed.
- Work through and with various sellers, both internally and externally to Microsoft such as channel partners, tele-sales teams, Microsoft (partner) account teams, other technical solution sellers in order to achieve revenue targets. Manage key stakeholders to meet critical deadlines.
- Land on time Partner Licensing revenue by overseeing the deals through the negotiation to processing & invoice.
- Collaborate with SAM&C and LCC teams in support of SPLA Compliance activities
- Create and manage licensing Plan for the assigned partner accounts. The plan maps out how to maximize the Partner Licensing opportunity for the account.
- Contribute to the licensing community by sharing best practices and insights on sales execution
- Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict.
- Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners.
- Comfortable speaking at all organisational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams.
- Able to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex.
- Strategic, long-term thinker able to analyse data to identify trends, risks and opportunities.
- Team player and collaborative – high performing individualists will not be successful.
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs pertinent to Hosting and Managed Services Provider Partners (SPLA/HVS/CSP)
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Volume License Programs for end customers, and Hybrid Licensing solutions (License Mobility, AHUB, CAL Equivalency Rights, etc)
- Knowledge of Hosting and Managed Services Providers Business models
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- BA required, MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of sales and negotiation experience is desirable
- Field of Study: Business, Management, IT, Commercial Sales.
- Sales and partner management, sales processes and methodologies training as per Industry Standard.
- Microsoft Certified Professional(MCP) certifications: Designing and Providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to Large Organizations.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.