At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.If you are an outcome focused, energetic person that is passionate about all water safety and compliance functions then you will be an ideal candidate for our role.On this two year Fixed Term role you will be reporting to the Superintendent Water - Operational Technical and Compliance (whom shares the same passion and values), within the Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) team, you will be responsible for co-ordinating stakeholder feedback and provide the operations stewardship within the capital project study and delivery processes. Your responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Superintendent Water - Operational Technical and Compliance (whom shares the same passion and values), within the Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) team, you will be responsible for co-ordinating stakeholder feedback and provide the operations stewardship within the capital project study and delivery processes. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accurate completion of documentation including drawings and technical reports as necessary
- Understand and support operators in the reliable operations of water treatment
- Project Statement of Requirements adequately defined and accepted by the Superintendent Water – Operational Technical and Compliance - NPI
- Facilities Handover Notice (FHN) Checklists properly managed and endorsed at each applicable milestone to ensure deliverables are received as planned by the project
- Evidence that there has been adequate O&M input to design hold points
- Verification that project and handover deliverables are received as required at FHN
- Projects achieve FHN with zero defects (Minor punch list items post FHN must have completion plan)
- Manage personal and team budgets by ensuring records of recoverable time in BHPB systems against projects on a weekly basis.
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess some of the following or be interested in developing the following:
- Tertiary or Trade level qualification (Post-Secondary) in an engineering related discipline with significant exposure to water related operational and asset management in a capital-intensive industry OR
- Extensive water related operational and asset management experience in a capital-intensive industry
- Relevant water recognised training
- Considerable experience in working as a team member in the delivery of capital project projects
- Substantial experience in management of large-scale multi-disciplinary capital projects as the operational client representative
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference – 67748
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately
- This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia
- BHP Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply