- Think outside the square to sell
- Work with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Permanent position, based in Canberra
What do enabling robots to understand human emotions, transforming media and retail, changing the game of sports, and creating step-by-step recipes based on your own dietary requirements and favourite ingredients – all have in common? They are powered by IBM.
We can also add Doctor Watson to that list – with Watson Health being used to discover new drugs, suggest diagnoses and course of treatment. If that’s not impressive enough, Watson can find you the best holiday destination – by using cognitive technology. At IBM we are constantly innovating to meet real needs with the latest technology. This is how we are defining the cognitive era. What can YOU do with IBM?
We are looking for a Client Representativeto join our Canberra team. As a Client Representative you’ll be leading IBM engagement with clients in a defined portfolio, to bring the best of IBM to them. With your knock-on-door attitude, your background in Business Development, and your use of innovative ways to attract new business, you will be play a proactive role to grow your allocated territory.
What will I be doing?
- Hunter, you’ll be working in white space territory – truly making an impact
- Build financial and value propositions that hit the mark with our Government clients
- Competitive targeting and win back
- Create a robust sales lead pipeline
- Translate client needs into solutions
- Maintaining competitor and market knowledge; keeping an eye out for gaps in the market and opportunities for growth
What skills will I need?
- Exceptional relationship management with influencing parties
- Attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Thought leadership
- Ability to make timely, practical, and cost-effective decisions
What experience do I need?
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales, Business Development
- Previous experience in the technology industry
- Government experience (advantageous)
As you will be working with Government clients, you will be required to hold an Australian Citizenship at the time of application.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.