Business Analytics is a business unit under IBM Analytics. It is composed of the software products for Cognos Analytics (formally Cognos Business Intelligence), Planning Analytics (formally the Financial Office of Performance Management products – TM1, Planning, Controller) and Watson Analytics (cloud hosted smart data discovery service, it guides data exploration, automates predictive analytics and enables effortless dashboard and infographic creation). The group comprises Customer Success and Support and the Development organisations, aligned to deliver the software products and the support of those products to drive successful business outcomes for IBM’s customers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a part of an agile and global enterprise support team that prides itself on delivering an outstanding level of customer service and technical support to our global SaaS and on-premise customers. As a Technical Support Professional you’ll become a subject matter expert in Planning Analytics and become an advocate for our customers and ensuring that they are successful with our software solutions.
The roles responsibilities include providing solutions to IBM customers through troubleshooting, research and investigation, while maintaining constant communication with the customer.
You will be working with our customers using Planning Analytics (SaaS and On-premise) via our ticketing system, phone, live chat and our online community and at times at the client site and you will perform triage, root cause analysis, debugging and solving problems across our solutions. This role provides a fantastic opportunity where you are always learning, getting to use the latest technologies and being part of a great team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Case Management / Case Resolution
- Handle and solve support calls from our customers and partners that relate to the technical behaviour of the Planning Analytics (TM1).
- Meeting SLA’s and other customer satisfaction targets
- Problem Solving & Reporting
- To independently close calls of varying technical difficulty
- To ensure case equity in the volume of cases with respect to peers within your team.
- To ensure all calls meet the targets for resolution, escalation, documentation & completion of call
- To prioritise workload to ensure that any action taken is based on the priority of the call
- Case Escalation
- Escalate support calls when needed
- To report problems in a timely fashion
- Troubleshooting is a critical area of responsibility for the Customer Support team.
- Persistence is the fundamental building block of this function. Analysts are expected to become more innovative in the provision of workarounds and their capability of clearly and concisely identifying any bugs.
- Keep up-to-date with new functionality in our products.
- Keep abreast of new technologies
- Knowledge Management
- Create documentation such as FAQs, Best Practice guidelines, Internal Tips & Tricks and Knowledge Base documents and participate in our online communities
- Field Support
- Occasional participation in customer projects and services engagements in order to stay close to customer/market requirements.
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Technical knowledge share and collaboration both globally and locally.
- Troubleshooting, coaching and development.
- Effective coaching and mentoring are critical to the organisation’s ability to train and develop analysts at all levels, and develop best practices. Analysts at all levels are expected to be open and approachable for those seeking assistance, while senior analysts should proactively provide guidance to more junior members of the team.
- Interpersonal Skills/Soft Skills
- Within the scope of responsibility offers ideas and assists in problem solving.
- Interacts proactively within and across functions.
- Actively contributes to teamwork.
- Keeps manager and team members apprised of important matters in timely fashion.
- Organises work and is able to differentiate between decisions that can be made independently and those that should be referred to management.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in customer support, software services or system administration.
- Strong skills and work experience with multi-dimensional tools such as IBM Planning Analytics (TM1), Hyperion, Anaplan or SAP BPC.
- Microsoft Excel Expertise
- Deep understanding of Windows or Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Knowledge of programming, server architecture and networking.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to discuss and present ideas to our clients and work with them to understand their requirements and business processes.
- Candidates must be technically astute and have the ability to quickly pick up new technical skills and concepts.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or Finance or Equivalent
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- As above
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- As above
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.