Job no: 823920
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Brisbane Central & CBD
Categories: Legal and risk
At Urban Utilities, we believe that only by becoming better and more effective in what we do, will we become a Utility of the Future and achieve our purpose – to enrich quality of life.
We’re looking for an experienced Chief Risk Officer to partner with the business in the design and implementation of risk and governance frameworks. You’ll be embedding a culture that is risk aware and can rapidly adapt and respond to changes, demands, opportunities and threats in our dynamic operating environment.
Being a commercially astute, collaborative and engaging leader, you will create value through your ability to formulate the risk appetite to enable practical and commercially focused risk-based decision making.
About the role
As Chief Risk Officer you will:
- Lead and own the strategic direction development, implementation and continuous improvement of Risk, Resilience and Insurance corporate-wide frameworks and monitor their effectiveness
- Provide strategic advice to our Board, Audit and Risk Committee and Executive Leadership Team on Risk, Resilience and Insurance matters
- Lead the establishment of a strong constructive culture, that is responsive to strategic and operational imperatives
- Lead and develop a high performing team that engages across the organisation and delivers on agreed outcomes
- Ensure a collaborative approach to Risk, Resilience and Insurance matters is adopted, by developing avenues for dialogue, tapping into knowledge and intelligence, and seeking views from across the business and further afield
It is really important to us that you will be a great leader of people and have passion to work with others to make a lasting difference to our business and the customers, communities and stakeholders we serve.
As an experienced risk management professional you will have:
- Demonstrated ability and success in setting the strategic direction for Risk, Resilience and Insurance processes and systems
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to synthesise and summarise complex issues, identify, assess and minimise potential threats and manage complex, confidential and sensitive information in a large commercial organisation
- Experience developing strategic risk frameworks, strategies and plans, including the ability to influence business and cultural change to deliver improved outcomes and effectiveness
- Experience providing high quality professional advice, interpretation and information to Boards and their sub-committees, Executives and Senior Management
As a leader at Urban Utilities, you will have the opportunity to build highly effective teams and coach individuals to develop new capabilities. You will enjoy access to tailored leadership development and coaching programs, salary sacrificing (including novated lease) and access to health and wellbeing initiatives and health rebates.
At Queensland Urban Utilities we believe in creating an inclusive culture where all our people are supported, differences are respected, and individual's contributions, knowledge, skills and experiences are valued and encouraged. We see the value in creating diversity of thought within our business.
For queries about this role contact the Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com
Position Description: Chief Risk Officer PD.pdf
Advertised: 05 Apr 2018 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Apr 2018 E. Australia Standard Time