AECOM has an opportunity for a
Chief of Construction supporting our program in Alice Springs, Australia. The Chief of Construction is a senior manager and member of the OASIS Management Team who has direct leadership responsibility for a team of Project Managers and support staff in the planning, execution and timely completion of construction projects and task orders as well as the scheduling of all active projects, task orders and future roadmap efforts to include handoff or all equipment and structures to the Operations and Maintenance department.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, motivate and lead activities of a team of project managers to ensure planning, execution and timely completion of construction projects and task orders to meet Statement of Work requirements.
- Maintain a close and direct liaison with the appropriate Government Points of Contact (GPOCs) to ensure customer requirements are fully understood and satisfied.
- Establish and maintain a work plan and staffing for the Projects and Construction department and arrange assignment of project personnel.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Recognize and solve potential problems and evaluate project effectiveness.
- Oversee budget, ensure financial accountability of project personnel.
- Ensure standards and processes are in place to support Projects.
- Prepare and deliver project reports, briefings analyses and investigations to various stakeholders as required.
- Demonstrate leadership to promote, practice and ensure compliance with all site environmental health and safety requirements.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- A fully adjudicated TS/SCI (US) or TS/PV (AUS) is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with Construction/facility related projects.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a senior/Chief Project Manager responsible for supervising project managers and sub-contractors.
- Graduate qualification in Engineering (Civil, Construction, Electrical or Mechanical) or Architecture.
- Formal qualifications in Project Management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a multi-million dollar project portfolio, balancing resources while maintaining cost and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a 24x7 operational environment requiring close coordination with mission operations.
- Demonstrated ability to build recapitalization plans.
- Demonstrated organizational competency including the ability to prioritize and delegate competing priorities.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Proven record of building and maintain relationships
- Uphold the Code of Conduct and adhere to Program and Company Policies.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Construction Management
*Business Group*Management Services Group (MS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.